Oil boiler recommendations

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I have the smallest Buderus and also make hot water with a zoned tank with it. Oil is relatively cheap here on the coast and electric is horribly expensive. My house is too far from the street for natural gas = the ditch price was more than I wanted to pay. It really does sip oil. The boiler can be shut off and allowed to go cold in the SUMMER and I used to do that as the water tank had two coils and the bottom one had a tube solar panel connected to it, but I replaced the roof, eliminated all the roof penetrations except the DWV and never put the solar panel back up. One of these days - when the price of HHO goes back up ....

If I was ten years younger I'd fill the every square inch of the roof with solar panels and get an A/C and heat mini-split.