Okanagan Gold-- Northern Warmth or No?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

offtrac

Aug 8, 2011
Western MA
So I am being told, and I am reading that Okanagan is out of business and Northern Warmth is the new company, same pellet.

On the Okanagan web site, the FAQ specifically contests this. Whats the inside scoop?

So I am being told, and I am reading that Okanagan is out of business and Northern Warmth is the new company, same pellet.

On the Okanagan web site, the FAQ specifically contests this. Whats the inside scoop?
I liked them last year and got them cheap (squire lumber in Monson), but unfortunately, the price has gone up and I went with Turman's. I don't think Northern Warmth is the same. I contacted oakinagan via the website to find a dealer close to me. Chris from sales emailed me with the name of a couple dealers. They were a little far for me (Brimfield), but I called them anyway. The price was too high for me, but they were still Oakinagan, not Northern Warmth. I believe the Northern Warmth are made at an old Oakinagan plant? Not sure though. I don't have the name of the dealers Chris gave me, but if you contact him, I'm sure he could point you in the right direction.

Reactions: offtrac