Okanagan price

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

txiko

Dec 29, 2007
metrowest ma
Hi:
Hopefully I’m posting in the right area.
I have a question, I found the Okanagan douglas fir that I love, but they are asking for 369/ton. Is that a fair price? I can buy the LG granules (259/ton)but I don’t know them. Any input will be appreciate it.
Thanks

Pass. I have s bag of the okies in the hopper as we speak. Zero ash and good heat and I am impressed. But not enough to justify an extra $110 over the lgs which will get most people through the coldest days. Look at it this way. You could get 3 ton of lgs for the price of 2 ton of okies.

Reactions: Peterfield
burning Okie Platinums here..
little pricey but less than firs...
gone forever after this ton is burned.

burning Okie Platinums here..
little pricey but less than firs...
gone forever after this ton is burned.
I’m burning my leftover platinum as well. I do believe they are still available, but when I checked in the spring, the price was too high for me. They did come down though and I’ll have to revisit in the spring. They are keeping me warm with this cold snap of two weeks plus! If I could only get a job not working nights on a shipping dock I’d be set!

i tought okanagan went out of business and Northern warmth distributes similar pine/spruce/ and fir softwoods now.
just finished ton of EZBlaze super premos an got to say the plats we're ashier... not lot but noticable..
doesn't matter really since I won't be seeing them again. my dealer here carries all the top softwoods includng Olympia doug firs.

From what I understand, they did get bought out but are still making/marketing under the same name. I emailed the company looking for local dealer but they were high on price when I was shopping around. Now that they are more established, I’ll try again next year. I rarely get the same pellets two years in a row, I wish I could find a pellet I like for a decent price every year. Thankfully our stoves burn anything!

Reactions: Tonyray
I was thinking that they were pricey, thanks for your input guys.
I’m burning the eazyblaze but like Tonyray said they are ashier that Okanagan.
I didn’t try the LG’s yet, any info available? I’m looking for pellets thecloser to the okies.
Thanks for all the help

I was thinking that they were pricey, thanks for your input guys.
I’m burning the eazyblaze but like Tonyray said they are ashier that Okanagan.
I didn’t try the LG’s yet, any info available? I’m looking for pellets thecloser to the okies.
Thanks for all the help
no..
the Okie plats we're ashier than the EzBlaze....
Much darker ash also...