Old Ashley

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ratsrepus

Minister of Fire
Jan 5, 2018
Howell, Mi
My first stove in 1975 was an Ashley that looked like an old oil heater. bought new for I think around $300. had a bi metal thermostat like my BK princess. It heated my old drafty house in Fowlerville Mi. It was kind of a cheap built stove, but it kept us warn for 4 years until I got something better. anybody else have one of these, they were quite popular

The first stove I heated with was an Ashley Colombian. It was a tin can with a cast iron top and bi-metallic damper. I went through a CT winter in a leaky summer cabin with no insulation and it was my only heat. You knew it was heating well by the red glow of the sides.

ashley.jpg

thats the one, the square job in the back

Mine was the oval tank in the front. The Ashley Circulator cabinet stove continued on in production and can still be found today.

Weren’t these guys pretty innovative for the day. I like the child brief touch friendly cabinet idea. Also they had a down draft flow on those old cabinets. What model is the big steel one not double door? Looks like a box stove from the early eighties? The red glow of the tin can would have me on heightened awareness mode!

Guess it does have double doors one is a box the other a step stove. Anybody know about these just another box stove of the 80s I’m suspecting just never seen one before.

Attachments

• D016F048-7228-46F4-B9F4-99ADBA68A341.jpeg
    D016F048-7228-46F4-B9F4-99ADBA68A341.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 317