Old Bangor Maine Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SpaceBus

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2018
Downeast Maine
My mother in law is a musician and was hired for a party and sent me some photos of the wood stove they used. It's a monster! Probably made around 1885-ish, at least most other Wood and Bishop stoves I've seen were made in the late 19th century. received_2332788680340674.jpeg received_295340264432265.jpeg Screenshot_2018-12-17-21-18-26.png

Reactions: Riddlefiddle
More like 1985 it's some homade thing made with the door from an old furnace.

I was confused about the plate construction, this makes more sense. Still a neat stove!

Was this the 60 gallons of creosote house?
Nope about 20 gals out of that one. Replacing it with a regency 5100 next week. The 60 gal one is allot bigger and a boiler.

Nope about 20 gals out of that one. Replacing it with a regency 5100 next week. The 60 gal one is allot bigger and a boiler.

Wow, hard to imagine something with a larger firebox than the two stoves we posted.

Wow, I just looked up the Regency 5100, 90 lbs of wood is a lot.

Wow, hard to imagine something with a larger firebox than the two stoves we posted.
3'x3' loading door 6' deep with a 12" vent. I am sure it came out of some industrial building.

3'x3' loading door 6' deep with a 12" vent. I am sure it came out of some industrial building.

Ahhhh, now the 60 gallons makes sense. That is still a huge solid fuel appliance. Was it moved to a house? I must have missed a lot of details in the 60 gallons of creosote thread.

Ahhhh, now the 60 gallons makes sense. That is still a huge solid fuel appliance. Was it moved to a house? I must have missed a lot of details in the 60 gallons of creosote thread.
I would assume it was moved to the house I don't know I just clean it lol.

Reactions: SpaceBus