Old Earth Stove out, New BK in, Pics! Thanks all

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jstorms

Nov 29, 2008
Missouri
20130829_140216.jpg View attachment 111497 20130913_151056 (3).jpg Thanks to everyone on the site for all the great info. Old Earth Stove out (see pic) + $350.00 sold on CL. New BK princess in (pic) -$2400 with fan. Quite a stretch for me but I saved up for a couple of seasons and I plan on saving a lot of wood and I'm gone 12-14 hours of the day so the burn time should help. My house is about 1500 sq ft so this thing should rock! I read almost every post on every stove here for the past few years and feel I have the right one.
I give credit to the site for the intro to wood burning. Had the Earth Stove when I moved in and credit the site for the upgrade to the BK. Had a junk of a saw and now have a Stihl 270. Had no idea how to clean a flue and now have a Soot Eater. Hated starting fires and now I have Super cedars. Had no idea what to do with the ashes so now I put in a big Galvanized trash can with sealed lid to stop outside fires. List goes on and on but bottom line I'm learning as I go and all wanted to say is Thanks to all on Hearth.com. Love you guys!
Some day I will build a wood shed but for now I attached a small leanto attached to my shed for immediate dry use when needed. (pic) Oh ya guess what? I got that idea here to!

Attachments

• 20130913_151150.jpg
    20130913_151150.jpg
    443.3 KB · Views: 283
nice..............your gonna love the bk

Status
Not open for further replies.