Old Gal up and running - Updated!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SKIN052

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 12, 2008
Appleton, Newfoundland
Remember this old Gal?
DSCF2039.jpg

Spruced up a bit and warming up the workshop nice.

garagestove.jpg

Pagey, I like stoves, wood and beer. Beer usually being first in the order.

Oldspark, just a small shop. 16 x 24. Store about 1 1/2 cord in there plus random house junk. Still plenty of room to work on a few things and have a beer. Now I shall be warm while having said beer!!

Skin, that looks and sounds like a real cozy place to be alone with the fire.

But honey, I have to drink all these beers! The stove clearances requires empties in order to pass code! :)

Man, I gotta use that on my wife.

FyreBug said:
But honey, I have to drink all these beers! The stove clearances requires empties in order to pass code! :)

Man, I gotta use that on my wife.

Exactly, plus the bottles only last a short while since the break down. They need to be replenished at least once per week. LOL!

Nice stove.

Nice rebuild stove...are those Canadians the true Canadians with the higher alcohol content?
md

Lighting Up said:
Nice rebuild stove...are those Canadians the true Canadians with the higher alcohol content?
md
Thanks. The Canadian Light is 4% and the Canadian is 5%. I plan on drinking at least 24 Canadian this weekend and some Lambs Rum while building a Cabin Extension and trying to stay warm with this old beast.

Picture023-1.jpg

Sure cranks out the heat!!!!

I added the wrong door gasket 1/2", so I changed it out to a 5/8. Wow, what a difference! Secondary combustion is amazing on this thing. Older EPA stove but the plate that I welded in place is really working out well. Small issue with back Puffing but can be controlled with the air lever. Will try and get pics of the secondary's burning shortly. Great little stove now.

Status
Not open for further replies.