old P-61 2 blink status

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
It is still running fine with a 2 status light blink but wont shut down. Is that what you mean?

2 blink status light usually means combustion or air/venting issue. Status light flash usually happens when the stove won’t stay running. You said older P61. So it’s a manual light stove correct? I would also check the micro switch on the auger. If that is bad, it will give you a 2 blink code and stove will not shut down.

Last edited:
Reactions: Washed-Up
Hey, update , finally had some time to check things out . I found that the MIcro switch was not moving correctly the auger thingy that sits on switch wasn't making full contact . long story short ,cleaned everything have normal function now and ordered another micro switch . Also no 2 blink status
thanks for your help
Mike

Through cleaning ,popped all fans out every port brushed out and Vac'd . Thought I had it clean enough that's what I get for being a Smoke Dragon owner for the past 34 yrs . I F'n Love my old P-61 ,, Built like a tank runs like a Cadillac
ML:cool:

Reactions: Washed-Up and Ssyko
Did you pull the cover on the side of the feeder where the pusher arm is to check for fines build up?

Reactions: guatamican eye fake
Hey, update , finally had some time to check things out . I found that the MIcro switch was not moving correctly the auger thingy that sits on switch wasn't making full contact . long story short ,cleaned everything have normal function now and ordered another micro switch . Also no 2 blink status
thanks for your help
Mike
Yup that’s why I suggested the micro switch. good idea to replace it. Glad you are going again.

Fines box usually has a minimum amount of dust (pop cover every week to clean) great idea , I also bought a new circuit board so I can use the old one for back up after I solder in the 3 new pots .
ML
P-61

Fines box usually has a minimum amount of dust (pop cover every week to clean) great idea , I also bought a new circuit board so I can use the old one for back up after I solder in the 3 new pots .
ML
P-61
Even if you clean the fines box once per year it will be fine. We clean then in the annual cleaning and there is maybe a tablespoon of dust in them. It will hold about a cup of ash. I just cleaned on that looked like it had not been cleaned since new. it was packed so solid I had to dig the dust out with a screw driver. The P61 was still running like a champ though

thanks for your help
Mike

I’m getting the same 2 blink status on my Harmon P61 , so I will check the micro switch by the auger to see if that helps my stove. Thank you

I’m getting the same 2 blink status on my Harmon P61 , so I will check the micro switch by the auger to see if that helps my stove. Thank you
I got a new auto circuit board and drilled a hole in the face plate for the auto/manual switch to pop through, then I could throw out the micro switch. I used it like that and saved more money. Then I got a new burn pot that holds the igniter cradle. Then I got an igniter cradle and igniter. Then I bought a new wire harness with the igniter wires and bingo, I had Auto Light and I bought a WiFi T-Stat and downloaded Samsung Smart Things for free on my iPhone. :)