Old Potbelly stove in need of parts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Squatcher65

Jan 15, 2022
Southern Michigan
Good evening,

My wife and I found this old potbelly stove and wanted to use it for our cabin in the UP of Michigan. But the stove is missing the top cover (5-1/2" across) and the oval to round adapter.

We do have a couple of questions.
1. We hear that potbelly stoves are coal stoves. Can wood be burned in it?
2. What is the 3/4" dia. hole on the right side of the picture, near the oval?

Thanks in Advance.
Richard

IMG_2025.PNG

Squacther65, Most pot belly stoves burn coal and wood . Hopefully you have a good grate in the bottom. As far as finding the cast iron lid I typed in "cast iron wood cook stove lid cover" and found several sizes. As far at that hole to the right of the flue it is a mystery to me. I was hoping someone knows as now I am curious about it. I could not find another pot belly stove on the internet that had a hole like this.