Old Stove in a shed hookup questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Jun 9, 2014
SE MA
Hello, I am in the middle of remodeling the old concrete block shed in our backyard. When we bought this place, it had a little wood stove out in the shed, which at one point was hooked up to a block chimney. The chimney is unlined. What would be the easiest and cheapest way to reconnect this little stove? I’m not particularly interested in spending much money to accomplish this, if I had to spend big $$$ to line the chimney, I’d rather just run a kerosene heater out there. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Here are a few pictures of the setup.

Attachments

• E9316DED-866E-4E43-BFE1-A33E77E86095.jpeg
    E9316DED-866E-4E43-BFE1-A33E77E86095.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 344
  • 8244FA64-3239-4AE3-AFBE-61617BDEE15B.jpeg
    8244FA64-3239-4AE3-AFBE-61617BDEE15B.jpeg
    153.7 KB · Views: 304
  • 6EB07E71-01AD-4AA6-873A-48FE2C1B5773.jpeg
    6EB07E71-01AD-4AA6-873A-48FE2C1B5773.jpeg
    183.8 KB · Views: 330
Yes I see that clay liner. That thing was designed and built for the wood stove and I bet it will work! Get that liner cleaned and inspected.
I like the looks of that old wood stove I bet that thing will throw some heat.

Also I see you have an old time extension limb cutter leaned up against the wall there. Some cool, old time stuff in that shed.

Yes I see that clay liner. That thing was designed and built for the wood stove and I bet it will work! Get that liner cleaned and inspected.
I like the looks of that old wood stove I bet that thing will throw some heat.

Also I see you have an old time extension limb cutter leaned up against the wall there. Some cool, old time stuff in that shed.
Thanks, once I get things cleaned up a bit I will post some more pics of the stove. I’m trying to make the inside of the shed into a bit of a cabin. I put strapping up on the walls and I am putting up shiplap and tongue and groove pine. I’ve almost got 2 walls done, have some trim work and window re-framing to do. I plan on leaving the wall behind the stove bare block though because of clearance with the stove. That old pole cutter comes in pretty handy!