Old Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Howie

Feb 19, 2010
Central Maine
Just having some fun here at the newly discovered forum. Figured you might get a kick out of this old stove I picked up in Western NY.

Attachments

• Gas Stove.jpg
    Gas Stove.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 293
  • 3902625038_db161fb391_b.jpg
    3902625038_db161fb391_b.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 276
I "edited in" a pic of the parlor stove that's getting installed with the kitchen range. These units need flues. You can see where the kitchen range has a boss at the rear of the top. The parlor stove has a boss in the rear. I'm sure back in the 1880's these stoves were vented with single wall pipe. I already had them brought up to modern safety standards and switched over to LP. But I'm wondering if anybody has any opinions as to venting them in this century?

They probably draw combustion air from the room they are in? That would make them similar to a B-Vent fireplace, so b-vent might not be a bad option.

Unless they were originally designed to use wood for fuel? In which case I would vent with class A pipe and double wall black pipe.

Hey Howie !
Very nice stoves indeed . I'm down here in the Brunswick area of Maine & have been kicking around the idea of an antique parlor stove that burns LP to heat with .Idealy , I'd like it to be able to be controlled with a wall thermostat . Can you give me some info on your set up ?

Thanks ,
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.