Olde4r Jotul 118

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kwone

Hearth Supporter
Dec 10, 2009
Norwalk,CT
I just bought an older Jotel model 118. I have several questions for any stove gurus out there. Where can I find an original manual? The top is not secured, and the heat plates are out of it. I think they took the top off and vacuumed it out- and they said the top was never clamped down. Anyone local that has this model? Should the top be secured like I feel it should? Should it be cemented down? How do the plated go inside? I've read a few threads that say perhaps a new heat sheild/tray is better manufactured- which I have a welder friend that could do that. I also noticed a hairline crack in the front corner, but it appears to be just in the enamel and not through. Any suguestions there? I'm in no hurry to hook it up, I want it to be safe, first. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.