Older Morso 2B bricks/liner?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Thanks so much on the info about the Morso 2b firebrick. I’m about to start a similar restoration. I just bought the bottom cast piece you linked to, but Im having trouble finding the side and back firebrick for sale anywhere online. Is there anywhere specifically that you recommend? And if through Morso directly, what is the best way to order those? I didn’t see it on their site anywhere.

update: I found this set on Woodman’s though it has a different model number: https://www.woodmanspartsplus.com/product.aspx?p_id=797996
I had to get the bricks directly from a local
Morso dealer, I could not find them anywhere online either. I think it was around 125 for all
of them.

I had to get the bricks directly from a local
Morso dealer, I could not find them anywhere online either. I think it was around 125 for all
of them.
Copy that. Ill try calling the closest dealer later today. For that back brick, you didn’t have a part number right? Did you just tell them the stove name and age and they were able to pull it up for you?

Copy that. Ill try calling the closest dealer later today. For that back brick, you didn’t have a part number right? Did you just tell them the stove name and age and they were able to pull it up for you?
Pretty much, I think it may be the same back brick as one of the other stoves.

Alright guys, sorry for the wait, had to make 12" J Bolts too put the exchanger back together, plus, I kept finding stoves to buy. lol. But, I finished her all up today and she looks amazing. All with proper bricks and bottom burn plate. And I got too play with my new re-threading kit tofu up the draft control without having to drill it out and re thread out bigger. View attachment 277985View attachment 277986View attachment 277987View attachment 277988View attachment 277989View attachment 277990View attachment 277991View attachment 277992Not sure if I want to part with it after all the work I put into it!
The stove looks amazing, I hope my restoration comes out as well. I just picked up a 2BO for our off grid camp. Not sure the age of it, but it looks identical to yours. I have ordered the bottom plate, insulation blanket and fire bricks from http:www.woodmanspartsplus.com
however the fire bricks are backordered so waiting on them. I do have question that I hope you can answer for me. Did you use any cement caulking to seal the heat exchanger to the fire box or is it just placed on top and what paint did you use on your restore.

Thanks
ADK Backwoods

The stove looks amazing, I hope my restoration comes out as well. I just picked up a 2BO for our off grid camp. Not sure the age of it, but it looks identical to yours. I have ordered the bottom plate, insulation blanket and fire bricks from http:www.woodmanspartsplus.com
however the fire bricks are backordered so waiting on them. I do have question that I hope you can answer for me. Did you use any cement caulking to seal the heat exchanger to the fire box or is it just placed on top and what paint did you use on your restore.

Thanks
ADK Backwoods
Thanks for the complement. I enjoy my job very much ha.

No I did not cement the heat exchanger to the top, it was designed to just sit there.

For all my black stoves I use Thurmalux High Temp 270-02-Satin Black. Its what most anyone who has a restoration shop uses for just the basic black look. It looks nicer and softer than the flat black.

You can order it online, or if you want, just shoot me a private message here or the shop page and I can get you taken care of.

And other questions feel free to reach out.

Thanks for the complement. I enjoy my job very much ha.

No I did not cement the heat exchanger to the top, it was designed to just sit there.

For all my black stoves I use Thurmalux High Temp 270-02-Satin Black. Its what most anyone who has a restoration shop uses for just the basic black look. It looks nicer and softer than the flat black.

You can order it online, or if you want, just shoot me a private message here or the shop page and I can get you taken care of.

And other questions feel free to reach out.
Hey Deranged,
I tried to send you this through a conversation but it kept failing so I reverted to just replying to this thread.

Thanks for the help with my Morso 2BO. I will let you know on the paint and I appreciate your offer. As far as the Morso is concerned, I was worried about just sitting the heat exchanger on the fire box without using a bead of Furnace Cement to create a tighter seal. I guess Morso knows what they are doing and have engineered it for tight tolerance.

Would it be a bad thing if I did put a bead of furnace cement down?

I also have a old stove, that I am looking to sell. I am not sure what I should ask for it. I know it is hard to evaluate a stove with pics, but wondering if you could send me your email address as I am having trouble attaching the pics.

On another note, my place is in Indian Lake, NY so if you are interested in the stove, I can probably drive it over to you, I have friends outside of Burlington that would be happy to see me.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks
Vince
"ADK Backwoods"

Hey Deranged,
I tried to send you this through a conversation but it kept failing so I reverted to just replying to this thread.

Thanks for the help with my Morso 2BO. I will let you know on the paint and I appreciate your offer. As far as the Morso is concerned, I was worried about just sitting the heat exchanger on the fire box without using a bead of Furnace Cement to create a tighter seal. I guess Morso knows what they are doing and have engineered it for tight tolerance.

Would it be a bad thing if I did put a bead of furnace cement down?

I also have a old stove, that I am looking to sell. I am not sure what I should ask for it. I know it is hard to evaluate a stove with pics, but wondering if you could send me your email address as I am having trouble attaching the pics.

On another note, my place is in Indian Lake, NY so if you are interested in the stove, I can probably drive it over to you, I have friends outside of Burlington that would be happy to see me.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks
Vince
"ADK Backwoods"
I would skip the bead of cement, its just not needed.

As far as the stove, shoot me an email at [email protected]

Then we can talk further about it and I can let you know its value.

I would skip the bead of cement, its just not needed.

As far as the stove, shoot me an email at [email protected]

Then we can talk further about it and I can let you know its value.
Hey i have a jotul 3 i might be letting go of. The back plate needs to be fixed or replaced other than that it is in Great shape. Blue black enamel finish also in great shape.

26835666-D2B0-4D49-9E15-096E10F0D9D6.jpeg

Last edited:

Thanks
ADK Backwoods
Was curious how your restoration went. Recently acquired a 2B with a window but looks like an older model? Stamped in 2003. It seems to be missing the newer baffle and side stones but I am wondering what parts I might need.

IMG_2680.jpeg IMG_2681.jpeg IMG_2682.jpeg

Ok, part numbers-
Side bricks-4 needed- nr. 790932
Back brick didnt come in cardboard w number but here are pictures as well. And picture of bottom liner(link in earlier comments)
Hello! I came across this thread on the 2BO wood stove you worked on and I was wondering if you might be able to help me with a question. I am also looking at the brick/liner question for mine which didn't come with any. I came across this which says its for use with 2BO : https://www.woodmanspartsplus.com/product/Morso2BFirebrickSet. I noticed it looks like it has a brick burn plate- similar to the cast iron burn plate you mentioned. Is that your interpretation and do you think it might be okay to use that instead of a cast iron burn plate? Thanks for weighing in! Also these do not have a damper mechanism is that correct?