Olympia Heavy Flex Liner Connection

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VirginiaIron

Minister of Fire
Dec 19, 2013
Central Virginia
Greetings on this beautiful day.

I need help, please. I believe that my liner is called ArmorFlex ( http://www.woodlanddirect.com/Chimn.../304L-Champion-Heavy-Flex-Chimney-Liner-Kit-6) I cut my liner with a metal cutting wheel and it appears my "T" will not fit over the heavy flex even though everything appears round. I understand that the flex is supposed to fit inside the connector of the "T" (toward the stove). Maybe the kit "should have" included an adaptor as the flex and the "T" are about the same size. The bottom of the "T" and the cap are considerably smaller. I tried rolling the flex in a way that might reduce the diameter but it did not work for me.

Lol, I figured that $18 dripless connector wasn't mandatory since the "T" was swedged.

How do I get the flex inside the "T" connector, or do I need a special adaptor (no drip adapter)?

Thank you.

(Edit: I think I should change my title to "Anyone can do it" or "No fire tonight boys and girls", lol.)

Last edited:
You can make it smaller or larger by twisting it on itself one direction will make it larger the other will make it smaller. I dont remember which is which off hand.

Reactions: VirginiaIron
Thanks bholler, I will try that in the morning with some strap wrenches.

So is that straight connector for an insert or for connecting to a "T". I wasn't trying to be cheap, I thought it might be for connection to an appliance rather than for inserting into the "T".

So is that straight connector for an insert or for connecting to a "T". I wasn't trying to be cheap, I thought it might be for connection to an appliance rather than for inserting into the "T".
not for the tee the pipe will just go into the tee you just need to make it a little smaller. It doesnt happen often but we have to do it occasionally

There was frost on the roofs last night and I guess there is no fire for us tonight. I am so disappointed. I even went into town to get a few extra things, lol, I should have cut the pipe first and it would have saved me a trip. Even if I have to order a connector, I am in the home stretch and it looks like it will be a nice safe install. I am looking forward to using it.

Edit: Wrote this before seeing your post above, I will try that first thing.

Even if I have to order a connector, I am in the home stretch and it looks like it will be a nice safe install. I am looking forward to using it.
If it wont fit into the tee it wont fit into the connector. Unless they sent you the wrong tee. What does the sticker on the tee say heavy flex or rigid?

The T is for flex. I got the diameter a little smaller by using two strap wrenches. Everything is fine now. I got it installed and I am spent. Now I know why the 316TI thinwall is a best seller. This was a lot of work. Thanks for the advice, I do not know why I did not think of this before reaching out.. Anyway, it is installed (edit and maybe we can have a fire) tomorrow night.

Last edited:
Reactions: bholler
Now I know why the 316TI thinwall is a best seller. This was a lot of work.
Honestly we only have to do that one out of maybe 20 times you just got lucky lol. I don't find heavy wall much harder to install at all in fact the fact that it has no memory and is more flexible makes it easier in some cases. Yeah it is heavier but I dont find that to be a big deal personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.