On the scrounge 2021

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Woodsplitter67

Minister of Fire
Jan 19, 2017
Woolwich nj
Got some free wood today. The farmer contacted me yesterday and said the the guy who wanted the wood hasn't gotten it yet and if I want it go get it.. so there we were, my son and I in the woods.. It took us 3.25 hours to pull it out. First time getting the trac machine stuck.. there's some really wet areas.. took us 20 minutes to get it in stuck.. here some pics from today.. there's more to be gotten tomorrow
20201025_105153.jpg20201025_105124.jpg20210306_084450.jpg20210306_101509.jpg20210306_101534.jpg20210306_112712.jpg20210306_120316.jpg

White oak? Great haul!

Reactions: JimBear
Good for you and how many cords would you say that might be? You can bring that bobcat to my neighborhood so some redecorating can be done..lol Good day you had and a real good haul and where in the world are you going to put all that wood on your property?Maybe make another wood shed or something--great find...clancey

Reactions: JimBear
White oak? Great haul!

Good eye.. Yes all white oak.. straight and no twist. Lots of quality wood being pulled out with this scrounge.. I have to say I'm lucky.. I help out the farmer.. and he lets me take wood I'm bringing someone I know who's short on wood and letting him grab some..

Reactions: JimBear and MoDoug
Good for you and how many cords would you say that might be? You can bring that bobcat to my neighborhood so some redecorating can be done..lol Good day you had and a real good haul and where in the world are you going to put all that wood on your property?Maybe make another wood shed or something--great find...clancey

There's roughly 2.5 cords there. All oak, we're going back today and grab some more Theres a nice cherry there that has my name written all over it. It's like a 20 inch base tree.
I got close to a year's worth of wood on the scrounge in 3 hours. that's pretty good..

We wnt back Sunday an I pulled out this cherry. The oake that came down broke the tree top. I took the standing trunk as well as the top and some more oak.
I'm done my scrounge.. I took something in the area of about 4.5 to 5 cords from this hall

Attachments

• 20210307_075429.jpg
    20210307_075429.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 128
We wnt back Sunday an I pulled out this cherry. The oake that came down broke the tree top. I took the standing trunk as well as the top and some more oak.
I'm done my scrounge.. I took something in the area of about 4.5 to 5 cords from this hall
We sure have different definitions of scrounge, I need to up my game. LOL

We sure have different definitions of scrounge, I need to up my game. LOL

I thought that the basic definition of the scrounge was... the acquisition of free wood... quantity not taken in account..

Honestly... this is the most wood I got on the scrounge I think ever out of 1 location.. Im actually thinking about selling some of it.. Im going to kiln dry it and sell it by the pallet.. maybe...

I thought that the basic definition of the scrounge was... the acquisition of free wood... quantity not taken in account..

Honestly... this is the most wood I got on the scrounge I think ever out of 1 location.. Im actually thinking about selling some of it.. Im going to kiln dry it and sell it by the pallet.. maybe...
When I scrounge, I relate myself to the buzzard circling above, looking for the scraps left over from a road kill. LOL Don't get me wrong, I'm jealous, as you said you were lucky on that, and able to help someone in need of wood. A good couple days indeed (no pun intended) Kudos!

Reactions: sloeffle