One (1) Gram Per Hour - Clean Stoves in 1984

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
Well, hopefully I won't be beating the dead horse again, but here is a page from our trade mag - see the circled date of August, 1984.

The tested cat stoves burned as low as 1 Gram Per Hour on the low burn - usually the toughest burn to get a clean one!

Here we are 23 years later..........

Just FYI - I was digging through some old mags looking for ads to post in our pic gallery and came across this!

Attachments

• clean1984.jpg
    clean1984.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 254
Interesting, I never thought stoves were that clean burning back then. Is this about when cats first came out? It mentions Blaze king being the first stove with Condar technology? You would think gph should be down to 0 by now if they were that close back then.

Agreed Todd....If wood stove tech. were in keeping with computer innovations these past 23 years, we'd be heating our homes all winter on one load of peanut shells and recycled toothpicks with zero emissions.Oh wait.....I forgot about the Summit! :coolsmirk: :lol: :coolsmirk:

Good one Titan. Just think if PE came out with a soapstone everburn cat Summit! :coolgrin: Everone else would just throw in the towel.

The same mags have Lopis and Avalons that looks EXACTLY like the current models - the ads tout the continued "development" of the styling......

As my dad used to say - he designed dresses......after 20 years, he would just dig out an old pattern and it would become a "new" dress. After all, he made maternity clothes and all the moms had forgotten about those former styles by then!

All the Omni and other reports note that wood burning stove sales had been declining for 20 years, and manufacturers had little reason to improve things. They also say that the problem with degradation of the stoves causing more emissions?....they say manufacturers don't care about that, as long as the problems don't get bad enough to cause expensive warranty claims!

Once again, the "system" rules......

Sweet!My deposit for the first unit is in the mail.I wanna get it before BIG OIL can purchase the rights and destroy any such forward thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.