One of the neatest little stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wg_bent

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Poughkeepsie, NY
Today I was over at the local stove shop getting a chimney brush (that's for another post!)

and saw the coolest little stove I've ever seen.

Morsoe 2bou

The stove retailed for around 1300 bucks. The firebox is VERY small. I'd say it' could handle 1 good size split at a time, but given the design, I'd bet that stove gets every BTU there is out of that wood.

Deutsches Institut für Normung (DIN) is the German version of our Underwriter's Laboratories (UL)

To install ze stove you vil show us your papers!

That is a cool stove. What is the contraption on the top? Looks like smoke would pour out of it, unless those are some sort of chamber.
BB, you kill me! Thanks! I needed a laugh!
Mike

gee; coal burning in that white room, silly germans.

Warren --- ASHLEIGH'S!!!

Kevin said:
Warren --- ASHLEIGH'S!!!

Yup, guess you saw that stove too. What surprised me was that it is rated a higher BTU output than the 1410.

The only site I could find it on was the Morso generic "all other country" site, yet there it was in the showroom.

It was clearly a wood burner though, not a coal burner. The firebox bottom was solid firebrick, not a grate system like the 1410 has that would allow coal.

The thing on top is a heat exchanger. The secondary burn tubes were in the lower section.

The Morso 1BO and 2BO were available back in the 1970s, which shows you how far ahead some of these European makers were. The top is additional heat exchanger and radiant surface.

The same stove was available smaller #2BO or #2B (without the heat exchanger). In fact, I once used a 2B in my sunroom at home. Really nice stoves...mine was in glossy brown enamel.

Webmaster said:
The Morso 1BO and 2BO were available back in the 1970s, which shows you how far ahead some of these European makers were. The top is additional heat exchanger and radiant surface.

The same stove was available smaller #2BO or #2B (without the heat exchanger). In fact, I once used a 2B in my sunroom at home. Really nice stoves...mine was in glossy brown enamel.

How long a burn time did you get out of it Craig? That is a seriously small fire box. Must be something like 8x10x16.

Dylan said:
Warren said:
Today I was over at the local stove shop getting a chimney brush (that's for another post!)

Morsoe 2bou

The stove retailed for around 1300 bucks. The firebox is VERY small. I'd say it' could handle 1 good size split at a time, but given the design, I'd bet that stove gets every BTU there is out of that wood.

What was it about the design that made you conclude that this stove was so efficient??

That heat exchanger design. You'd have to see how it all fits together. Granted it's my guess only, but the exhaust gass has to take a pretty long path before leaving the stove and there's a lot of cast iron in that stove on the way.

It's cute, but it would be a pain in the arse to clean...

Nice, but too small of a firebox. That heat exchanger reminds me of the old Montgomery Wards barrel stove I had in a house I rented years back. It had a big donut shaped heat exchanger on top. It use to fill up with fly ash in a couple months and was a pain to clean out.

Warren said:

Morsoe 2bou

I don't know why Morso's USA website is so far behind. There are several stoves available now that aren't on the site. Anyway, yes, you can see these at Ashleighs or at my shop in Shokan. They are a throwback to the 70's but updated with clean burning technology.

Warren, one thing I will mention about all these smaller fireboxes: Split your wood smaller. Do not try to use big logs. Smaller splits packed in tightly will be the best. Get a good coal bed first. Many of Morso's stoves are smaller fireboxes than we are used to. But they are very efficient. Just need to use the axe a little more.

Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.