One way trip for this guy.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumber-Jack

Minister of Fire
Dec 29, 2008
Beautiful British Columbia
Wish I would have noticed this guy sooner, I probably could have saved him.
med_gallery_3859_316_2536.jpg

It seems to be baffled.

Had a live bird in my old stove one time

Reactions: Lumber-Jack
I think it's a sign, upside down bat in stove. Play the lottery just in case!

Try to keep the bat alive next time or encourage a habitat around your place. Bats are a healthy part of an ecosystem. They are dying out here in certain parts of the US from disease. I would hope that others aren't senselessly destroying them.

Ok. That was my PETA moment for today.

Reactions: Hogwildz
That looks like a batastrophe.

Lets not all go batty over this. Its all fun and banter, but bats are beautiful and becoming batstinc.
The white nose disease is beating them down, and soon the bats won't be around to eat all those pesky bugs.
Before you blast the bats, become more informed of them, and you too will become brightened of the beauty of bats.
Now bats what in talkinabout!
Bat is all......

Reactions: DevilsBrew
Lets not all go batty over this. Its all fun and banter, but bats are beautiful and becoming batstinc.
The white nose disease is beating them down, and soon the bats won't be around to eat all those pesky bugs.
Before you blast the bats, become more informed of them, and you too will become brightened of the beauty of bats.
Now bats what in talkinabout!
Bat is all......

Bats are great. Guano is great for plants. I don't want bats in my space.

Most bats are made from white ash. At least the Lousville Sluggers are...

So far we had 2 in our house this year. First one had the wife and kids pinned in the living room under a blanket, it was looking for a dark place to hide and under that blanket looked so cozy. The second one had me pinned for a while in bed until the wife turned on the light. Eerie to see one flying above your bed at night. The first one lived to see another day we were able to trap it in a towel and put it outside, the second one wasn't so lucky and I had to knock it out of the air with a racket, even though I didn't hit it that hard (was above the bed), it didn't survive.

So far we had 2 in our house this year. First one had the wife and kids pinned in the living room under a blanket, it was looking for a dark place to hide and under that blanket looked so cozy. The second one had me pinned for a while in bed until the wife turned on the light. Eerie to see one flying above your bed at night. The first one lived to see another day we were able to trap it in a towel and put it outside, the second one wasn't so lucky and I had to knock it out of the air with a racket, even though I didn't hit it that hard (was above the bed), it didn't survive.

Gotta be careful with bats in your home....http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/15/rabies-bats-woman-dies-_n_3763283.html

Status
Not open for further replies.