Online Pictorial Tour of Pellet Plant

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That Volvo loader looks like it has never been used?, the tipping ramp for the trailor truck dumping reminds me of a trip I used to haul to the wood chip electricity generating plant in NH same setup, 80 yds of wood chips. There are trailers with moving floors that can dump the load without driving on the tilt lift.

got to process and sell a lot of pellets to pay for that Volvo loader and plant setup

It looks like they're in it for the long haul. Great tour Craig. Thanks for the post.

300 HP blowers. That one really struck me. I don't think I've seen larger than 30 hp.

Looks like MALOGGER might have a new chip market.

BeGreen said:
It looks like they're in it for the long haul. Great tour Craig. Thanks for the post.

300 HP blowers. That one really struck me. I don't think I've seen larger than 30 hp.

Yeah, the one blower pulls the chips -suspended in air/burner heat mixture, though that 60ft dryer and then 6 cyclones. When you consider 300HP is one powerful car engine, that is pretty good.

Just imagine the power in a tornado or hurricane, or for that matter a stiff sea breeze.

elkimmeg said:
That Volvo loader looks like it has never been used?,
got to process and sell a lot of pellets to pay for that Volvo loader and plant setup

Fairly new loader, but keep in mind that moving sawdust is not exactly hard on the machine! Probably way under capacity!

Do the math - about 200 tons a day x 180 (guess) wholesale = $36,000 day - or somewhere about 12+ million a year....note, no calculator used here, just in my head so could be off a bit.

BTW, the dryer was from the old Catamount Pellet Co....they probably got a good deal on that.

It takes a LOT of $$$ to do this. They not only have history (12 years), but a number of investors.

Status
Not open for further replies.