Only 5 posts so far today............

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heaterman

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 16, 2007
Falmouth, Michigan
Everyone is either out cutting wood or else they all have their stuff figured out :)

Or grunting, cussin, sweating while trying to get the beast ready for another season. Or maybe I'm the only one that waits this long :grrr:

I just got back from putting 2.6 cord in my garage, moving my old boiler 20' (gotta do the big come-along drag up the stairs next) and am ready for a shower and a little nap.
Posting now. :)

We were out moving wood from under part of the lean-to. I'm going to pour a slab and enclose it to make the wood stroage & boiler building larger. This is where the new EKO 60 is going! I may keep the Buderus in case I decide to burn Anthracite coal.

OK here is my current situation, as the Viessmann I wanted is not going to be in the US for at least a couple of years.

I am now thinking of going with a Garn and a Pellet, Garn to burn wood and provide storage with electrical backup and solar input. Pellet to provide top up and heat the building when we are not here. I can get pellets at $132 a tonne plus delivery.

Just wondered if anybody else had gone a tandem route?

Hey there ISeeDeadBTU's, I too am working away at my system..... So you're not the only one. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.