Open fireplace in small Cabin, need advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, then I'll check out the Buck stove I found at a local body shop. It is rusted up a bit and will need some cleaning and paint. Problem is I don't even know if it's for sale yet! It has nice glass doors, but they seemed to be stuck shut. Again, if it's cheap, I'm sure i can fix it very easily. We'll see!

Cool cabin and in a nice spot, can you drive to it or do you have to use off road vehicles?

Cool cabin and in a nice spot, can you drive to it or do you have to use off road vehicles?
4x4 is needed, but yes you can drive to it. Things get a little tricky in the snow or if you are hauling trailers, but it's nothing that hasn't been done.

That is an awesome cabin.

Cool cabin.

Just an update...We scratched the Boxwood style stove. I call the the body shop that had the Buck stove outside that I looked at. He has a friend that gives stoves to him on the agreement that he gives them away instead of selling them. The shop owner is using the one I looked at, but he has two more that I can have my pick of! He said they are all similar and in usable condition. I'll get by as soon as I can to see what kind of condition they are in. As long as they are not burned through, I'll take one home, clean it up, and get it burning soon! I'll have to have a few extra set of hands to drag it inside, but once in, I'll add firebricks and piping and see how she burns! Hope it works out. It'll be nice sleeping in warmth with a nice cool breeze from the open window!

Status
Not open for further replies.