operate a quadrafire manually

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

versys

Sep 10, 2022
Sellersville,Pa
I just installed a santa fe quadrafire , I had a Lopi which was able to be operated manually and thats what I'm used to, can a quad be operated manually by jumping the? thermostat with a switch between and using the heat output switch manually to control out put? Would this create any problems or issues? Thanks for your thoughts. I'm used to running the stove at a slow steady level instead of using a thermostst

A standard switch will work just fine. It will not cause any problems with the stove. Run a 2 wire from where the thermostat would connect to on the stove to the switch.

A thermostat is just a switch, that opens and closes for you.

Reactions: Ssyko
Thank you, that's what I thought but wasn't sure if it would cause any problems with the stoves electronics, the stove is brand new so I wouldn't want to mess it up. I prefer to run the stove slow and if it gets to warm I shut it down , not crazy of the stove constantly starting and stopping, thanks again!