Opinions on selling my saws

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exmasonite

Feeling the Heat
Oct 3, 2010
Novi, MI
Hey everybody. So, life circumstances have crept up on me and I am being forced to relocate to an urban environment for several years... believe, nobody is as disappointed in this development as I am.

That being said, i have come to the difficult decision that I must part with my chainsaws for now. so, i have put together a thread over in the for sale section ( https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...800-obo-stihl-o66-260-pro.88384/#post-1146557 ). 2 saws (066, 260 Pro), 4 bars ranging from 16-25", 5 chains (3 brand new) and all accessories, safety equipment, etc needed for getting into cutting.

I am looking for opinions, thoughts, feedback. I, of course, am proud of my set up and think it's a perfect 2 saw system. I am sure others will disagree. Given my pride, is my price too high? My other question is that if i have to break up the lot, what's a good going price on the saws (figure I mix the accessories between the 2 or sell separate).

Thanks in advance!

-Matt

Probably a good price with all the accessories.
Trouble is people are looking for good deals on CL.
Let it ride a while & see what happens.
Only you & the buyer have to be happy with the deal ;)

If you had that package listed in Colorado, it would be gone inside of 24 hrs. for that price.

Thanks for the info... BK, wished I lived in CO!

Debated putting up this thread before the sale thread to get some info but figured i'd have all sortsa unsolicited offers flying my way... figured it better to get the for sale out there and go from there.

Well, I will keep you posted on how it goes.

Thanks again!

That is a fair price for the pair and equipment, for sure. 260s never sell for what they are worth around here for some reason I never understood. Like in CO, they would likely sell here in OR pretty fast on CL for that price. Sorry you have to sell them, but I know how that goes.

It won't last long here either. Maybe shine the 066 up a little and take a rather flattering pic of her. That will speed things up a bit.

Always remember when selling things that it is much easier to lower a price than raise it!!

I saw your ad in craigslist when I did my usual nightly perusal, if I saw the ad a month ago Id be interested, I just bought another saw and a few other things..

Status
Not open for further replies.