Options for painting gold trim on older pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

windgate

Jan 8, 2014
Delmarva
Hello, I have a Breckwell pellet stove that is about 10+ years old. It has several pieces of gold trim that I would like to replace or paint. Hopefully the picture comes through, but if not the gold trim pieces include: the heat shield/deflector above the stove, the magnetic trim around the fireplace insert, the trim around the stove window, and several “grill” pieces above and below the window.

Preference would be to replace these pieces with pieces that have a different finish (chrome or nickel). If not possible, would like to paint black. I am not the best with spray paint, but will give it a shot if needed.

Any feedback on this issue would be appreciated, Thanks

Attachments

• Untitled 11111.jpg
    Untitled 11111.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 751
Reactions: bogieb
Thanks for the feedback, The trim is brass, not sure why I originally stated "gold"

I have disassembled all of the pieces. I contacted a few "platers", but none of the feedback sounded that hopeful.

At this point I am probably looking at just painting with high-temp flat black, but I am terrible with spray paint. Any ideas who might be able to take this on professionally? A powder coater that I contacted thought that he might be able to get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.