OR Tax Credits = Spectacular Deals

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wapati Chaser

Feb 1, 2014
PNW
A big heads up for anyone in Oregon who is looking to purchase in 2014 or purchased a wood stove in 2013. Look into the Dept of Energy website about tax credits on wood and pellet stoves. For stoves on the EPA list without actual efficiencies listed, the tax credits are small, and as follows:
Non-cat = $144
Cat = $216
Pellet = $288
The real deals come in if the stove has an actual efficiency listed on the EPA list of stoves. The list is short:

Blaze King Chinook/Sirocco/Ashford 30 - $432
Blaze King Chinook/Sirocco/Ashford 20 - $576
Blaze King King - $936
Blaze King Princess Insert - $792
Blaze King Princess - $864
Blaze King Briarwood II/90 - $604.80 (non-cat)
Blaze King Royal Gaurdian - $583.20 (non-cat)
Boru Stove Co Carraig Mor BCMUS - $734.40
Regency F5100 - $725.76
Jotul F602-CB - $554.40 (non-cat)
Kuma Tamarack - $756 (non-cat)
Pacific Energy Neo 1.6 - $864 (non-cat)
Seraph Industries Genesis 106 & 108 - $662.40 (pellet)
Lopi Small Flush Wood Hybrid Fyre - $540.72 (cat insert)
Lopi Large Flush Wood Hybrid Fyre - $813.60 (cat insert)
Lopi Cape Cod - $799.20
Woodstock Progress Hybrid - $864

This is a state tax credit, and does not include the Federal tax credit.
I bought a Blaze King Princess Ultra in 2013 for $2559.
Fed tax credit of $300 plus OR tax credit of $864 makes my final out of pocket cost
of just $1395. The Govs financed over 45% of my stove purchase. Something to consider if
you are stove shopping.
(I make no guarantees of the dollar figures, but should be correct)

Wow, so my 30NC that I got for $600, now cost me $84 ;lol (not including the $275 shipping)

If I had known about this then, I may have sprung for a BK Princess.

Oregon residents only correct? If not, I'll drive up from Reno and get my stove in a heart beat for that deal!!!

The stove must be installed in an Oregon dwelling, have an OAK, and meet the emissions requirements, and you also need to file an Oregon tax return as well.
Here's a link to the EPA list of approved stoves: http://www.epa.gov/Compliance/resources/publications/monitoring/caa/woodstoves/certifiedwood.pdf
OR Dept of Energy info: http://www.oregon.gov/ENERGY/CONS/Pages/res/tax/HVAC-Biomass.aspx

NVHunter - Take a look here: http://www.unrbep.org/wood-stoves/customer-information/
Nevada has a rebate program to get rid of old smoke dragons, but not state wide. Info at the link.

Wapiti Chaser,

Thanks for the information. I live on the northern edge of Reno, (300 yards from the California line). Those incentives are for Carson and Douglas counties only. Too bad, oh well. Thanks again!!

PS. I like your user name. My dad's plates on his trucks are, wapiti and 1 wapiti, hence my user name: NV Hunter.

Have a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.