Osburn 2200 Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanCJ

Sep 6, 2008
Central PA
Hello All. I just had my first woodburning insert installed. It's an Osburn 2200 and I've got a question for anyone that has this stove. I plugged the unit in and turned the fan on and nothing happened. Is my fan not working, or does it have some type of internal switch that only enables the fan when the unit is at temperature?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

It's not uncommon for inserts to have a thermostatically controlled blower. What does the manual say?

What temps did you get to? My Enviro insert has to reach 475 before the blower comes on. I suspect you didn`t get the temperature high enough? Heat activated blower right?

The manual isn't clear on whether the fan is thermostatically controlled. I haven't fired it up yet since the temperatures are still pretty warm even at night.

You're right, the manual is vague. Did the dealer install the blower? You'll have to ask them if they installed the optional thermodisk kit for the blower, part number AC05530. It might say this on your receipt as well. If it has the optional thermodisk then the stove will have to get up to temp before the fan would come on. If it does not have this accessory then something may not be right with the blower or speed control.

Status
Not open for further replies.