Osburn 2300

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

marty319

Minister of Fire
Nov 17, 2014
Belair mb
As I burn 24/7 in a very cold canada climate I'm retiring my enviro kodiak 1700 after 9 years before I start to have any issues as enviro has been terrible with their support for parts.this coming from their distributer in canada.anyways any feedback on the osburn 2300 as the firebox is 1 cu ft bigger which is a bonus.also changing out chimney as well as it is 25+ years.what would my kodiak 1700 step top with legs be worth on the used market? I was thinking 500.going to see my dealer today to see if he will take mine on partial trade in.

Attachments

• 20200529_121231.jpg
    20200529_121231.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
I switched out my Osburn two years ago after 30 years of service. It is now at my daughter's home keeping them warm and still going strong. I replaced it with a Drolet (still an SBI product) and the build quality and performance has not changed. SBI's customer service is excellent and they stand behind their products.

Looked at drolet but need the door to open on the other side and the osburn according to my dealer is a better quality stove.not me that said that if I ruffle some feathers lol

Of course he said that. Better margins on the Osburn. They are built in the same factory, same materials, same welders, etc. Compare the specs between comparible models and you will see they are identical. The main difference is aesthetic cues.

Looked at drolet but need the door to open on the other side and the osburn according to my dealer is a better quality stove.not me that said that if I ruffle some feathers lol

Yes,but contacted drolet about having a door opening to the left and they can't ,or won't make one.what you see is what you get.the osburn is a much better looking stove imo

Reactions: Mech e
To be honest, I almost bought the Osburn 2000 for the same reason. In the end though, I opted for the equivalent Drolet for less money.

Last edited: