Osburn door issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

marty319

Minister of Fire
Nov 17, 2014
Belair mb
Osburn 3300 I noticed that closing the door it seemed to be binding on the hinge side.dollar bill test was good.i went to adjust the hinges via osburn manual and bottom hinge set screw was not snug.top one was .I adjust the door slightly on the bottom hinge and door was great opening and closing with no binding.i tightened the set screw and it was binding again.loosned the set screw and it's good.something not good here.any suggestions.i guess tech support to osburn tomorrow.

Osburn 3300 I noticed that closing the door it seemed to be binding on the hinge side.dollar bill test was good.i went to adjust the hinges via osburn manual and bottom hinge set screw was not snug.top one was .I adjust the door slightly on the bottom hinge and door was great opening and closing with no binding.i tightened the set screw and it was binding again.loosned the set screw and it's good.something not good here.any suggestions.i guess tech support to osburn tomorrow.
Did you lubricate the hinge pins? I used high temp anti seize. Did the threaded door handle too.

Yes,I keep up with those regularly, I think I solved the issue,I loosend off top and bottom set screws and adjust and seems to be good now,🤞

Reactions: EbS-P