Osburn Wood Stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

chadleybuxton

Feb 27, 2020
Minnesota
Hello! I am looking at purchasing a new woodstove, one that can heat a home high ceilings. I have come across the Osburn 3500 wood stove. Does anyone know anything about the quality of osburn woodstoves? Any other recommendations for wood stoves that can heat 2500+ sq ft? Thanks!

Hello! I am looking at purchasing a new woodstove, one that can heat a home high ceilings. I have come across the Osburn 3500 wood stove. Does anyone know anything about the quality of osburn woodstoves? Any other recommendations for wood stoves that can heat 2500+ sq ft? Thanks!
I looked at drolet before I bought my osburn 2300.osburn is better quality hands down.sorry if I ruffle some feathers.osburn customer service is outstanding.my dealer gave me a price very close to drolet as I've been dealing with him for years.

There are many large stoves that can do this if conditions are right. It depends on the house's insulation, glazing, floorplan, stove location, climate zone, wood burned and the operator. Regardless of the stove, there will need to be a method for circulating the hot air that will pocket at the ceiling peak. Ceiling fans are the typical remedy.