Ouch can a Husky handle be fixed ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
My Husky 142E has been injured...
NHttKuc.jpg

My helper (wife ) drove over it...
Can this be glued .... the throttle binds ... What would you do ? ==c

If it can't be fixed..
I thought a Husky 240 ... or .. Stihl 170 same $ +/- !!!

looks bad, but a few more pics might help. I'd start to look on ebay for a parts saw probably.

Easy part to change.
I am away from home...
But i m sure that i have a parts saw.

I used an epoxy for plastic to repair the handle, and it seams to have worked for now.. Time will tell ! ::-)

not something i would trust epoxy on. that brakes again when you are working it could end badly for you. You can order replacement parts from the dealer not overly expensive or find a parts saw.

The only problem with the handle was that the trigger was binding a little..

If it snaps again while you are working it could kick back hard on you and you may have no control. I just replaced a handle on my sthil for around 80

It wasn't really broken.. just leaning to the right , enough to bind the throttle a little

If it can't be fixed..
I thought a Husky 240 ... or .. Stihl 170 same $ +/- !!!
Hopefully your epoxy fix holds, that's exactly what I would've done. I have a Husky 240. It's a Poulan under the cover. Something breaks every time I use it, it's crazy. Stay away!

The fix worked for 2 minutes ... part is discontinued ... anybody has an old 142e laying around.