John Fortier Posted By John Fortier, Oct 20, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Fortier

John Fortier
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Sep 29, 2013
    She's a Thelin Providence 45,800 btu. Fired up last nite for first time. So far so good. New to this so will take sometime to figure everything out. Going out today to purchase different pellets to see what works best..any suggestions would be lovely. We are in Warren County area of N.J.

stove 001 (640x480).jpg stove 004 (640x480).jpg

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    jtakeman, jertola and vinny11950 like this.
  2. meff

meff
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 15, 2011
    Loc:
    South Shore, MA
    As a fellow Providence owner, Cleanfire Pacifics work well, as do Oakies, Lacretes worked ok too. I didn't get a great burn with Spruce Pointes or trebios.

3. John Fortier

John Fortier
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Sep 29, 2013
    Thanks Meff may I ask what thermostat you use..as the dealer said it came with one, then did not come with one. Hope he stands by his word. May need to buy our own .

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. schoondog

schoondog
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Aug 17, 2008
    Loc:
    dutchess county, n.y.
    That is a great looking setup ! Best of luck with it.

Schoondog

5. John Fortier

John Fortier
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Sep 29, 2013
    Thank you Schoon, I custom tiled (slate) the fireplace and made the compass medallion myself. Also made my own mantle.

6. The Ds

The Ds
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Jan 29, 2012
    Loc:
    Western PA, USA
    She's pretty :) Congratulations!

7. meff

meff
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 15, 2011
    Loc:
    South Shore, MA
    We don't have ours on a thermostat...yet.

8. John Fortier

John Fortier
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Sep 29, 2013
    Will let ya know when we get one then.

9. P38X2

P38X2
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 11, 2012
    Loc:
    Jaffrey, NH
    That whole setup looks great. Very nice job on the mantle and surround. Congrats!

10. ChandlerR

ChandlerR
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 28, 2009
    Loc:
    Hampton, NH
    Beautiful install John! Can you post a picture of the medallion? It looks fantastic from what I can see!

11. John Fortier

John Fortier
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Sep 29, 2013
    Thanks all..will post a shot.

12. RockyMtnHigh

RockyMtnHigh
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Oct 14, 2013
    Loc:
    Colorado
    I've always loved Thelin pellet stoves. I've never laid eyes on an insert in person but have installed a number of the FS. Good job on the slate, you're an artist!

13. John Fortier

John Fortier
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Sep 29, 2013
    Couple shots of the medallion. Cant really see it but there are N,W,E,S in there! :eek:)
    stove 005 (640x480).jpg stove 002 (480x640).jpg

14. John Fortier

John Fortier
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Sep 29, 2013
    Thank you Rocky.

15. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 24, 2011
    Loc:
    NoPellettons, MA
    Thats a sweet looking stove and mantle!!!

16. Bob Sorjanen

Bob Sorjanen
    Member 2.
    NULL

Sep 21, 2012
    Loc:
    Edgecomb Maine
    Fantastic, looks professionally done. I guess some people are talented

bosshog919 likes this.
  17. ChandlerR

ChandlerR
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 28, 2009
    Loc:
    Hampton, NH
    I'm sure that was a lot of hard work and planning. Very nice end result. Very cool. You're a talented guy!

18. John Fortier

John Fortier
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Sep 29, 2013
    Thanks all. We are loving the stove. Trial run tonite, set on low and oil burner thermo is 15 feet away around the corner and have hit 77 and outside is 42. Colder will tell but my faith in it has grown. Side note ..I have been a tile contractor for 30 years so as far as the fireplace slate I do have some experience in it. This was my first custom medallion though. In my house!!!!

19. bosshog919

bosshog919
    Member 2.
    NULL

Sep 26, 2013
    Loc:
    North Jersey
    John..Welcome and that's a NICE looking set up u got there. I'm in Port Murray and SOS on 57 has Barefoots and Hammer Hot ones which are super premium pellets. They also have wood pellet company and one other brand. Ask for Bob..HD has stove chow and lowes has natures choice and timber heat. Where did u purchase ur stove if I don't mind me askin??

Burn Baby Burn:cool::cool:

20. tjnamtiw

tjnamtiw
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 9, 2009
    Loc:
    North Georgia
    VERY impressive tile work!

21. krooser

krooser
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 2, 2008
    Loc:
    Waupaca, WI
    Looks really nice... maybe even safer than my stove install...

[​IMG]

22. tjnamtiw

tjnamtiw
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 9, 2009
    Loc:
    North Georgia
    Looks like a Hobbit Stove! ha ha ha.

23. USMC80

USMC80
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 27, 2013
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    wow, beautiful setup!

24. MtDew

MtDew
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Oct 4, 2013
    Loc:
    Perkasie, PA
    Great looking stove setup. My wife would love to have that in our living room.

25. stoveguy13

stoveguy13
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 15, 2006
    Loc:
    CT
    John the thelin's do not come with thermostats but any milli volt will work. you might want to consider a remote thermostat so you dont have to hide the wires.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.