Outdoor Use

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Hmm, how are you holding up the chimney, doesn't it want to fall over? Did you fasten the reducer with hardware or cement? Can u include a rear view pic?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Sorry, I reread the previous posts. Finally moved it over to the deck and had a break in fire last night. I had the chimney on long enough to test the draw, which was fine. I'm just hesitant for some reason to drill into the stove collar. While refinishing the stove, there was some residue of cement/epoxy around the collar, as if it one of those materials were used?

On another note, the handle gets hot while the screen is on. Is there something I can coat it with to help?

Sorry, I reread the previous posts. Finally moved it over to the deck and had a break in fire last night. I had the chimney on long enough to test the draw, which was fine. I'm just hesitant for some reason to drill into the stove collar. While refinishing the stove, there was some residue of cement/epoxy around the collar, as if it one of those materials were used?

On another note, the handle gets hot while the screen is on. Is there something I can coat it with to help?

ended up drilling holes.

Attachments

• 20181006_194702.jpg
    20181006_194702.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 261
Sorry, didn't see this until now. I think I have the same residue on the smoke exit - probably furnace cement from when it was hooked up inside a house. As far as the handle, I just coat my hand with a glove and let the handle be hot.

Almost worked all the bugs out. First pot if chili came out well, easy to modify the temperature by moving the pot around the top and adding more fuel.

5e63b3ba5e825e088674f798044a46c1.jpgb63f50ed861988db3d4ef54209264804.jpg37057b03dad1b3378f52a96376fbec7a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: My_3_Girls