OWB Heat Exchanger Plumbing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deere2305

Aug 19, 2011
Eastern CT
Hello All - I am looking for some good pics with descriptions of HOW to best plumb in a plate Heat Excahnger for my OWB.

I surf all over and there seems to be a few ways to do it. I understand the concept of the exchange and how it works, but there are the variances I am trying to narrow down to the best method. I can tell you I sprung fo the filtration system on both sides of entry... OWB & Oil Boiler. Beyond that... can anyone provide me with detailed guidance and pics based on positive results?

I am mounting the HE on the wall this week and have the unions and everything ready to tie in, just need the family to leave for a day so I am not under the watchful eye of 3 women waiting for hot water again. :gulp:

Please help ASAP!

Thanks to everyone out there....

Status
Not open for further replies.