P3 problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Robbg

Dec 1, 2019
gingerella2
Hi first timer. Have had a enviro p3 for 2 seasons. Nothing but trouble. Draft is perfect , measured with a magnehelic. Stove when working is great. It rarely works great. The problem is igniters , 2nd season 4 igniters.2 fuses. Pellets are lignetics, have been burning them in main house for 10 yrs. Got the stove to run a bit better by increasing the trim up 1 from factory setting. Zero customer service. Anybody have any suggestions . Thanks in advance . Robb

Welcome to the forum. In order to help you, we need to know a lot
more about your problem.
Is your stove 120v or 240v?
On a thermostat Hi/Low or On/Off?
Is the stove plugged into a surge protector?
Is the stove clean from front to rear?

It is 120v and it is set on comfort level 3. Which I believe is a thermostat mode. It is not plugged into a surge protector. Also a new problem has come up. The burn pot is overflowing with pellets while lit, with pellets on fire outside the pot. So disgusted l just shut it off. Thanks

When was the last time you took the stove apart and cleaned out all the ash?

Had a pro do it The beginning of the season. I think there may be a Blower issue. It seems like the fire takes too long to start and the pot is 3/4 full. I can see the igniter is on but there doesn’t seem to be enough air to ignite the fire quickly.Fuel is brand new and dry

Yes sounds like an air problem (not enough to support proper combustion)
I still think the air passages in the stove are plugged with ash
full pot unburned pellets.
Flame lazy with black tips very dirty black glass in a short period of time
This is a good indicator of an ash plugged stove.
Also, make sure your chimney is clean
If you have an OAK make sure it is not plugged
Here is a manual if you do not have one.

Thanks John , took the 3 panels that surround the ash pan and the two panels in the fire box off and wow! Ash spilling out! Paid a guy 150 to clean stove. I think he just vacuumed the fire box. In your opinion can this stove be run on level 3 ( levels go 1-9) as the sole source of heat for this cabin .(24x24) with loft. The manual says 1200sft. Comfort level 3 keeps the place at 60. With temps ranging from 20-40 burning 1 bag every 3days , have to clean every 2-3 days. Thanks also stove is running perfect with perfect fire( mid pot, early ignition)

I have no idea where you are and how tight your cabin is
there is a lot to factor in how much heat you need.
The higher the output the more pellets you will use
Glade you have it running Ok Now