P43 is up & running!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DAKSY

Full Time RVer
Staff member
Hearth Supporter
Dec 2, 2008
Wherever we're parked
Well it took a coupla days, from getting it home on Thanksgiving Eve,
To having enough daylight to work outside & not make a mess of things,
but Susan (GF) poured in the first bag of Cleanfire pellets & we're off!
I told her it'd take about 8 minutes for the flames & I NAILED it...
Now we're FINALLY gonna have a toasty warm kitchen for the first time
ever & I've owned this house for 24+ years...
Kitchen's on a slab & we're on the South side of a lake where the prevailing winds attack from the North.
Ole Man Winter makes that end of the house way too cold for our liking, &
because we decided to build an A-Frame - which looks good in a lake setting, btw,
installing 40+ feet of Class A chimney is cost prohibitive, that makes wood burning is no
longer an affordable option...
Bio-fuel burning, we're BAAAAAAAAAAAACK!
Where's that tax incentive?

......well daksy........its uncanny how some say there is somebody somewhere in the world that is doing similar things to what your do'n.... my girlfriend/wife of 27 years has the same name and we live on the south side of a lake. Our reason was the same in that we were hit from the north with cool winds which made our north side of the living area too cool to enjoy.... now with our pellet stove we have set up in that side of the house and say to Old man Winter..... "Bring It ON!!!" :lol:

Oh.... we bought this house in 1985 (24 years ago!).... and the light bulb didn't come on about a pellet stove till last December ...... Of course it's now customary for you to post some pics of your nice set-up..... enjoy your new pellet stove experience....... cc :)

There is going to be a few members asking for photo's. We like photo's of the installs.

They say it didn't really happen until they see a snapshot of it. :) I won't name any names though. :lol:

Glad you up and going.
jay

Pictures, as requested.

Attachments

• FeelTheHeat.jpg
    FeelTheHeat.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 324
  • JustFiringUpSmallPic.jpg
    JustFiringUpSmallPic.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 337
Congrats on the install Daksy.....looks great! Enjoy your new heat!! Oh, and thanks for the pics.....somehow I think I'm the one that Jay was referring to above.... :lol:

macman said:
Oh, and thanks for the pics.....somehow I think I'm the one that Jay was referring to above.... :lol:

CC told me to say that, You know what a trouble maker he's been lately! :lol: (jk) Everyone had to know who I was referring to!

Hey, How'd you get kroosers picture in you avatar?

jtakeman said:
CanadaClinker said:
CC told me to say that, You know what a trouble maker he's been lately! :lol:

.....Jay....I hear ya knockin.....cc :lol:

:lol: sorry cc. I'm sure you get even! :lol:

......yes...some day when ur lookin left, I'll be coming from the right..... ha.....cc :lol: :lol:

poconoman said:
DAKSY said:
Pictures, as requested.

I tell you, these Harmans are so nice. I can't wait to install my PC45. :coolsmile:

Yep. The are indeed the Cadillac of the pellet stove industry.
The factory, which just happens to be in Dane Harman's back yard in Halifax, Pa.,
is a top-notch, state-of-the-art facility...
Clean, modern, & efficient...
I am a machinist by trade & spent 25 yrs in a factory setting &
if the place I worked was as well equipped as the Harman facility,
I'd probably still be working there...

Status
Not open for further replies.