P61-2 possible air leaks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Washed-Up

Minister of Fire
Nov 5, 2011
Kananaskis,Alberta, Canada
7E6607A1-DD63-4CBB-9597-3209437B0220.jpeg
13A2DD68-5D0B-455A-95AB-D9848E7EB3F6.jpeg
I’ve replaced the door gasket as well as the glass gasket. I’m still seeing possible air leaks on the glass. I’m wondering what my next step would be to eliminating these. You can see in the photos they are from both bottom corners.

To Me and I may be wrong but where the glass is clean is because of the air wash
Where the glass is coated there is no air wash and would not have air wash in coroners
If I am right your stove is normal . But others may correct me

Reactions: Washed-Up
I've have same stove for 5 years. Replace the gasket last year because of the teardrops thing. No change it,s still there. Damp paper towel once a day. Always in that same top right corner. I even banged the top hinge pin a bit on the top right to bring the door a smidgen closer and it is still there.
Less noticeable on constant burning. More noticeable on Auto on and off. And yet there are same stove owners who never get that tear drop spot. I burn very good softwoods so I know it's not the pellets.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips...I'll clean out the air ash slot. I'll be back with some photos hopefully.

Ok, so did a decent clean on the stove today, duct taped the air wash slot and blasted it with compressed air, vacuumed it and it seems to be keeping the glass clean now...last pic it’s been running since 1pm today so 6hrs and would’ve been dirty yesterday. Thanks for the advice!!

Attachments

• 8291C3AF-B538-4B9B-8324-1FF0DDBDC8AB.jpeg
    8291C3AF-B538-4B9B-8324-1FF0DDBDC8AB.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 170
  • 018E0FDA-BF62-4FFD-8AC0-25BF691AC282.jpeg
    018E0FDA-BF62-4FFD-8AC0-25BF691AC282.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 182
  • AF98F383-4472-4C28-8169-534347A99881.jpeg
    AF98F383-4472-4C28-8169-534347A99881.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 147
Reactions: Mt Bob
Ok, so did a decent clean on the stove today, duct taped the air wash slot and blasted it with compressed air, vacuumed it and it seems to be keeping the glass clean now...last pic it’s been running since 1pm today so 6hrs and would’ve been dirty yesterday. Thanks for the advice!!
Yes,I have not cleaned out my "air wash' .I have noticed just this year my glass cleaning draft is less,not horrible,but different.Next time I clean stove,I shall clean it out with hi pressure,hi volume.although,worried about dust in the cabin,I will have big vacuum cleaner running!Thanks for the feedback.

I must be an idiot. You say you duct-taped the slot and then blew it out? Can you explain?

I duct taped the air wash slot and left it open at one end so I could put the air compressor nozzle into it to pressurize it and blow the tube out...I then did the same at the other end of the slot...I also put my shop vac up against the slot while blowing compressed air(not pictured).

236212-228a88065d8cd26ee773e2bd203ec63b.jpg

I duct taped the air wash slot and left it open at one end so I could put the air compressor nozzle into it to pressurize it and blow the tube out...I then did the same at the other end of the slot...I also put my shop vac up against the slot while blowing compressed air(not pictured).

View attachment 236214
got it... thanks
I'm surprised that much if any ash can make it's way into the airwash slot but guess it does.