LuvMyPellets Posted By LuvMyPellets, Feb 17, 2015 at 12:14 PM

1. LuvMyPellets

LuvMyPellets
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Nov 15, 2012
    Loc:
    Delaware
    Anyone had a problem with one or both of the door pins working their way out? I had to go replace one today on the mother in laws stove. Thinking about drilling it for a small cotter pin or maybe just putting a dab of high temp silicone under the top of the pin to see if that holds it. I notice the top one does not rotate when opening yet the bottom one rotates with the door opening which is the one always working its way out.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Fsappo

Fsappo
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Apr 9, 2008
    Loc:
    Central NY
    I'd use a cotter pin instead of silicone. any time I've seen pins working their way against gravity, it would lead to finding something not lined up properly, racked frame, hinges bent, etc.

3. Bioburner

Bioburner
    Moderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Loc:
    West central Mn
    I use graphite based Neverseize and nothing seems to give it enough traction to creep out anymore

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Fsappo likes this.
  4. Havilcek stole the ball

Havilcek stole the ball
    Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 8, 2014
    Loc:
    South Shore, MA
    I used a lock washer, and it has held for four or five years.

5. LuvMyPellets

LuvMyPellets
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Nov 15, 2012
    Loc:
    Delaware
    Thanks for the replies. Graphite sounds the most non destructive and if it does not work Dr Destructo will get to work

6. elevenMracing

elevenMracing
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 7, 2014
    Loc:
    Northeast Wisconsin
    I'm having this problem also. I'll try graphite first, if that doesn't work I'll be machining a snap ring groove in both pins and holding them in mechanically.