PA.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tonyray

Minister of Fire
Pa..

Attachments

• 26730983_1940717609522321_4101575641227694499_n.jpg
    26730983_1940717609522321_4101575641227694499_n.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 184
Yeah there are some wild swings in weather these days. Few hours ago, I thought I should build the ark, now it is looking like I should get the snow blower out.

;lol My wife and I were sent home to work remote at lunch today, to allow co-workers who can not work remote to leave early before "the storm" hit. It was 65 degrees on the dash thermometer when we drove past our local gas station where her father was standing outside, who loves to hype up the snow flake era, so we laughably laid on the horn and gave him a ring to say we were sent home for "inclement" weather. However it is a very nice option for our work to do such things to look out for their employees. Our only gripe was that it screwed up our plans for happy hour since we live in the sticks. ;lol

You know what they say about weather in New England, “if you don’t like it, wait a minute”! We are experiencing the same type of weather as you!

Reactions: saewoody
Jersey.. a week ago it was -2 one night, -6 Thurs. Then a few days of 30s - 40s Then comes this rain from the south... hit 63 at midnight Friday, Saturday at 9am it was 26. Roller coaster weather. Last week the Jersey shore got hit with 18" right along the coast, away from the coast 2 inches, complete opposite of typical weather.

I used a quarter of a hopper of pellets from Fri afternoon through yesterday. I went out and tended to things in the yard in a flannel shirt, went shopping in a light spring jacket. I thought the sun was going to melt my Hershey bar I ate while out in the car, it was so nice out. Last week was -2. So I brought pellets in last night and noticed it was considerably colder out, the pellet stove started up on it's own around 4:30 and right now it's 24, with a 7 degree wind chill out there according to Accuweather anyway.. I haven't gone out to witness this and I might not all day !

We have gone from a brutal cold snap to warm spring like weather and a lot of rain to again brutal cold with a pounding of ice and snow. I thought it may miss us but we got hit good Friday afternoon. I still haven't cleared the drive that has 4" of snow on top of 1/4 plus of ICE! And now the cold has set in for the next week. Another high of 10* with single digit and some negative lows.

I'm in NKY and we are in the cross hairs and it all depends if the SW or the Great Lakes wins.

Turned out when it got light out enough to see my thermometer that it was 18 out yesterday morning. All our snow was gone though along with the 3" thick ice garden at the bottom of my driveway. 28 this morning though, snow predicted for the next couple of days/overnights etc. They never know how that will play out till it gets here, where we jut out into the Atlantic here.

You have to love Global Warming!