Pacific Energy Alderlea T5 Insert - Black

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

itmitche71

Dec 6, 2022
Michigan
So my wife and I, who live in Michigan, decided to pull the lever and upgrade our fireplace to a wood burning insert this year. We did our research and ultimately decided upon the PE Alderlea T5 Insert with the black finish. We had our chimney inspected and validated all the measurements to make sure this unit was a good fit. Unfortunately, after speaking to a couple of local retailers, we have been told that the distributor doesn't ship these units to Michigan anymore.

I was wondering if anybody on here had any advice on how we might be able to still order one of these units and pay to have it shipped to Michigan directly or via a dealer that can get a hold of one of these. I did reach out to PE a few weeks ago but have yet to hear anything back from them.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

That's odd. I see 4 dealers listed around Detroit and 5 around Hamilton, ON. Would a trip to Canada be possible?

That's odd. I see 4 dealers listed around Detroit and 5 around Hamilton, ON. Would a trip to Canada be possible?
Thanks but I've tried all the Detroit dealers and the feedback is that the distributor will no longer ship to Michigan. I will give the closest dealers in Canada a call and see if that helps thank you.

Keep me posted. I just sent an inquiry into PE sales. Not sure if they will respond, but it makes me wonder why Michigan and if there are other states not getting shipments. This was not an issue before Tom Oyen passed and his shop closed down but he was the only online dealer for PE stoves that could ship.