Pacific Energy or Regency Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PAJerry

Feb 12, 2006
Waterford, PA
Hi all. I'm new here and am looking for some advice. We want to put an insert into our fireplace to help heat our 1100 sq. ft. first floor. The house is pretty well insulated and we can actually heat this floor with the open fireplace, but it uses a lot of wood to do so. I've narrowed my choices down to the PE Vista or the Regency i1100. The plusses on the Regency are the good reviews I've read here and elsewhere, but I am a bit concerned about the narrow (6") depth of the firebox. The Vista has a 9" depth and the same 18" width as the Regency. Does anybody have any experience with either of these units? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

From what I have heard, both of them are fantastic inserts. The question I have is, what do your local dealers sell? You not only want the best bang for your buck, you want someone who can service your stove, and sells the gaskets, spare parts, accessories that will work for you and your stove.

Just a thought.

Joshua

I've only found one local dealer for the PE and their web site dealer search is not working so I e-mailed the sales people. The Regency has 2 dealers locally, but I'm still a bit concerned about the firebox size. Maybe someone will chime in here with some more advice.

I have the Regency I2400 heating 1100 sq feet single floor ranch. Great stove. I'm not sure what you mean about the 6" depth? I was looking at the I1100 too, but when I got to the dealer and saw the difference between the I1100 and the I2400, I went with the I2400. With the I2400 you get a bigger firebox, and the cooktop shelf which is great for putting a kettle of water on to humidify the room. You can also put your stove thermometer on it too. I heat up food sometimes on it. It was only like $300 bucks more for the I2400.

Status
Not open for further replies.