Pacific Energy Spectrum Brick Rail Help!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kvnbdvs

Dec 17, 2015
Marblemount, WA
Hey everyone, I purchased a used 1990 (December) Pacific Energy Spectrum Wood Stove off Craigslist a few years ago for my basement. In an effort to get longer burn times, I replaced the baffle last year with a new sealed SS one. I knew at this time the brick rails were pretty shot.... but one thing at a time. Recently I noticed a ton of flames were going in the gap between the rails and baffed. They were very very warped. The left side fell out so I tried straightening it but that didn't go well. I purchased a new pair from a dealer in ON, Canada and had them here in a few days. I chucked the bent one into the metal recycling this morning... which my wife took. I started working on the jammed in right one and thats when trouble hit. It was very very stuck. My local dealer said they can stick and to just use a hammer, prybar and force to get it out. I tried this... I even cut it in half with a sawzall and neither side fell free. My guess is that it was heated up pretty high and welded itself to the side. Uh Oh. I then used a cut off wheel and cut off most of it so that my new rails would fit. I thought I was in the clear. I remember being told that the rails just kind of balance in there. This wasn't really working well so I looked closely at some pics online and noticed some hangers in the front and rear of the stove that the brick rails hang on. I don't have a single one. So either all four broke off of my stove OR my stove utilized different brick rails. Any help would be appreciated.

December 1990
Pacific Energy - Spectrum
Serial #: WH-82078

Some pics would be very helpful....

Give Tom Oyen a call up in Bellingham. He knows these stoves like the back of his hand and is a PE dealer.
www.chimneysweeponline.com

I called Tom. He was the one I purchased the baffle from. He said they should have holders. Anyone know if a set laying around or of the dimensions so that I can have a welder Fab up some new ones. Here are some pics.
26bbabe7bb73d645fd66572555328823.jpg ef2e3a294b26ebce865c9859e21b831e.jpg 18351900f11b6f30d00a35782dccf75b.jpg c0b91985601da3475a50e8183d0b7097.jpg c282fe6ab70f124794db90d1c758d2b0.jpg f5850510eb89c06a75e4a6a366068f9e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: