Pacific energy super 27

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

richardg40

Mar 11, 2013
I have a 4 year old Pacific Energy Super 27 stove and I was under the impression the glass was suppose to stay fairly clean so you could see the fire . I think they call it air wash !! . Mine from the first fire has been dirty . I use good firewood . What could be the problem ?

Here is the glass on my osburn after an all night burn with air shut right down.im burning pine at about 18%

20230107_062958.jpg

Reactions: Bobbob
The fire is running too cool for some reason. With proper burning, the glass stays very clean on these stoves. Is the dirtiness light grey fly ash or black soot? Pictures are welcome.

Reactions: Dix
Sounds like it's not being run hot enough.

Very rarely do I have to clean the glass on the PE.

Reactions: richardg40
Glass clean with good wood which is 2 to 3 year old always covered wood. One year covered...I get a slight white to gray haze.