Pacific Energy Super Insert Baffle Gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sigepsb

Sep 20, 2014
Northern California
Anyone have an online source for gasket # 139.5? I currently have the homemade braided gasket, which has worked, but the baffle sits a little crooked and I'm not so sure about my braiding job that loops it together. I'd just assume have a few of the real gasket.

I called the local PE dealer. They had a heck of a time figuring out if they could even get it, then they wanted $20-something dollars. I told them I didn't think that could be correct for that part, but that's what they said it cost. I relented and told them to order one. They said I had to fax back a credit application before they would order anything?!? What?!? I told them to forget it. I called PE directly for clarification on whether those could possibly cost that much, but my call was not returned.

Anyone know where I can order one? I've seen the Summit gasket before, but never this one.

This should be a $2-3 gasket.

Thanks for the replies. Sorry for the delay in me noticing this. I have a couple cabins involved in the Butte fire in CA right now, so I've been distracted. I figured they were about that price. We don't have particularly good stove dealers around here, because they usually can't survive in this area as just a stove dealer. So, the place in question is primarily a roofing supply company, but technically a PE dealer. They seem nice, but completely unsuited to be a PE dealer. I will try Tom.

Status
Not open for further replies.