Pacific Energy T5 Alderlea turndown ratio and shoulder season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I can't comment on the T5, but with any stove, the best way to control heat output is by adjusting the amount of fuel being added to the stove. I would estimate that 3 small/medium splitz would give you the heat output that you are looking for, with just enough coals left after 4 hours to reload the same. Hope this helps

Reactions: PelletPractitioner
Well I can't really comment on actual BTU numbers for low burns but as said, a small fire is the key and yes the T5 is easy to control for such. It's still easy to over heat a room though, but usually that's my fault for using too much wood during shoulder season.

Reactions: PelletPractitioner
How does the PE T5 do with low heat? Say 7000-12000 BTU. I know cat stoves are better for this but I'm looking at the T5 right now. For example, could I fire this insert at 7000-12000BTU for 4 hours at a time?
Yes, it will run at a lower rate of heat output with a partial starting load of 4-5 splits and then adding a few more splits every 4 or so hours. I know a few people that run the stove this way locally until it gets cold outside.

We often ran our PE Summit with small fires with no issues at all. Very easy unit to operate with large or small fires.