Pacific Energy Vista clean out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Wildflush

Minister of Fire
Dec 27, 2022
MA
First year burning with the Vista and we have been very pleased with our purchase. Burned a little over a cord this season. Wood all tested at 20% and under and supplemented red stones bricks with my splits during the season. Scheduled my chimney sweep to clean the stove and flue in May. Really want peace of mind to see how everything went. He also installed my setup and said that if I’m burning properly seasoned wood he thought I could go every other year. That remains to be seen. My question is does the baffle have to be removed? The manual says it does not if you can disconnect your stove pipe. He installed a slip pipe in the connector so I’m thinking I can leave the baffle as is. Just in case I did buy a few extra gaskets for the baffle for about $5 a piece.

I probably wouldn’t remove the baffle but every couple years if I had a slip joint.

Remember to stuff a rag in the secondary air hole every time you pull the baffle.

Reactions: Wildflush
I pulled my baffle once to learn how to clean from the bottom. All other times I’ve either cleaned from the roof or pulled pipe.

I pulled my baffle once to learn how to clean from the bottom. All other times I’ve either cleaned from the roof or pulled pipe.
I will see what my sweep does. I have a tee clean out outside attached to my wall thimble so thinking he is cleaning bottom up to cap. Disconnect at the slip joint to clean connector pipe and thimble is my guess.

Got extra gaskets since I heard that the OEM one is junk after you pull the baffle.