Pacific Energy Warmland Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
gonna get one, BB?

I like the 85 lb. capacity. If they have assembled good components, this could be a winner.

This stove looks like a clone of the Enviro M-55.

Wachusett said:

pretty much. Everything I have been hearing about it from the company is that the 2 are pretty similar. The Nice thing about PE is that they have been in development and testing on it for 2 years, now... they tested, retested, had dealers beat the hell outta it, etc in order to make sure the product would hold up. Quality control is a big deal to them, and they wanted to have a bulletproof unit.

summit said:
Wachusett said:

pretty much. Everything I have been hearing about it from the company is that the 2 are pretty similar. The Nice thing about PE is that they have been in development and testing on it for 2 years, now... they tested, retested, had dealers beat the hell outta it, etc in order to make sure the product would hold up. Quality control is a big deal to them, and they wanted to have a bulletproof unit.

Probably why they choose an Enviro to clone!

Anybody have more info as far as actual photo's of the inside of the stove? The self cleaning burn pot would be the dead give away. I took a look at the warmland site, Nothing but the PDF posted above and a jpeg of the stove.

How about pricing?? Anything released yet??

Pacific Energy was my favorite woodstove but this step top pellet stove looks too much like a 1980`s wood burner for my liking.
I much prefer the simplistic look of my elcheapo Englander PDVC .

Maybe it will tempt some of the PE woodburners to come over to the dark side ;-)
Bet it looks sharp with a webbed door on it too.

No mention of perhaps the most important part of this equation - do they have the dealer network to service these and do they have a commitment to the pellet market for the very long term? A nice stove which acts as a boat anchor because the dealer cannot service it or the factory discontinues parts falls quickly out of favor!

On the positive end, they are likely to be around to yell at! I have always suggested that folks buy a pellet stove from a long time maker of wood burning and other products...so they are less likely to come and go.

jtakeman said:
summit said:
Wachusett said:

Anybody have more info as far as actual photo's of the inside of the stove? The self cleaning burn pot would be the dead give away. I took a look at the warmland site, Nothing but the PDF posted above and a jpeg of the stove.

how much is the Enviro ?

Webmaster said:
No mention of perhaps the most important part of this equation - do they have the dealer network to service these and do they have a commitment to the pellet market for the very long term? A nice stove which acts as a boat anchor because the dealer cannot service it or the factory discontinues parts falls quickly out of favor!

On the positive end, they are likely to be around to yell at! I have always suggested that folks buy a pellet stove from a long time maker of wood burning and other products...so they are less likely to come and go.

I don't think service will be much of an issue: they manufacture Town and Country as well as PE, so they have established network of dealers to go thru.

jtakeman said:
summit said:
Wachusett said:

alot of companies clone from enviro... check out Bosca, for example.. they were a big manf of contemporary woodstoves in Chile, and went the pellet route w/ sherwood engineering.

geek said:
jtakeman said:

how much is the Enviro ?

M55 is about $3K at peak of season. I have seen them going for about $2750 here and there. I think the VistaFlame VF55 FS(same stove) is less. http://www.vistaflame.ca/VF-55-FS.html Check with summit on that one.

You could score an Omega for about $2K as there stopping production for the New Maxx M.

I want to check out the new Maxx M myself.

geek, You looking for a new stove???

VF55 (the vista flame version of the M55) retails @ 2999 - so call it 3k... one can be had now when its slow for @ 2700. It's a nice unit... we ran the hell outta one for a month in the warehouse to see what it would do. Never cleaned the pot, pan, exchanger, nothing. It did fine, although I wish the dist fan had more velocity to it. I was amazed how quiet it was with four motors running. For the money, and a whopper of a unit, though, I would 2nd Jake's opinion on a Maxx. we run the VF170 (same chassis) and even without the stirring auger rod in the pot it is very tolerant of any grade pellet, and throws an amazing amount of heat. The fan has huge velocity to it as well, pushing the heat out for a long distance. It is louder than the VF55, though, probably due to the larger 6rpm motor and super size fan.

summit said:
VF55 (the vista flame version of the M55) retails @ 2999 - so call it 3k... one can be had now when its slow for @ 2700. It's a nice unit... we ran the hell outta one for a month in the warehouse to see what it would do. Never cleaned the pot, pan, exchanger, nothing. It did fine, although I wish the dist fan had more velocity to it. I was amazed how quiet it was with four motors running. For the money, and a whopper of a unit, though, I would 2nd Jake's opinion on a Maxx. we run the VF170 (same chassis) and even without the stirring auger rod in the pot it is very tolerant of any grade pellet, and throws an amazing amount of heat. The fan has huge velocity to it as well, pushing the heat out for a long distance. It is louder than the VF55, though, probably due to the larger 6rpm motor and super size fan.

summit,

The Maxx M is a new multifueler due out in the fall. Has the Omega features mixed with the bigger Maxx features. I want the big blower feature and hope they let us vary the speed of it.

But the Omega does just fine, So its a want more than need! Might mod my Omega with the newer Maxx M parts(blower and mainboard). Out of warrenty so I can play now!

Just FYI!

jtakeman said:
geek said:
jtakeman said:

how much is the Enviro ?

M55 is about $3K at peak of season. I have seen them going for about $2750 here and there. I think the VistaFlame VF55 FS(same stove) is less. http://www.vistaflame.ca/VF-55-FS.html Check with summit on that one.

You could score an Omega for about $2K as there stopping production for the New Maxx M.

well.....for some time i've been thinking on replacing the englander on the first floor.......i want a unit less picky with pellets that doesn't require cleaning of the glass and burn pot so frequently, i have to clean the glass on my 25-pdv within 8 hours, one pellet brand would do a bit better than the other but cleaning is needed in less than a day......

At the same time......IF i can put up with the $$ for a different unit it has to be very $$ friendly....I bought my small santa fe for $1,599 on sale in May last year.

geek said:
jtakeman said:
geek said:
jtakeman said:

how much is the Enviro ?

well.....for some time i've been thinking on replacing the englander on the first floor.......i want a unit less picky with pellets that doesn't require cleaning of the glass and burn pot so frequently, i have to clean the glass on my 25-pdv within 8 hours, one pellet brand would do a bit better than the other but cleaning is needed in less than a day......

At the same time......IF i can put up with the $$ for a different unit it has to be very $$ friendly....I bought my small santa fe for $1,599 on sale in May last year.

My Omega goes a full week and the glass is dirty only on the top and just starting down the sides. Flame is still visable. The air wash system works pretty well. Member hearthtools burns his for over a ton before he cleans his Omega. I heard the same goes for the M55. And they love just about any pellets out there( I am the picky one-I want max heat!).

The Enviro multifuel units are pricey, But well worth the extra cost. The standard models are a bit cheaper and do well with good pellets. This is the time of year we see deals on stoves. Dealers drop the price's to move leftover units. Check around and see whats out there for deals. Keep us posted on what you find.

I just got the new price book from the distributor: The PE warmland pellet unit retails for 2647 w/ pedestal base and black door.
2692 w/ black legs and black door.

Tri mode operation (auto on/off, hi/lo, or manual) and get this: either 3" OR 4" venting! 180 cfm blower, 85 lb hopper.

Is the Warmland listed as a multi-fuel stove or pellet only?

BeGreen said:
Is the Warmland listed as a multi-fuel stove or pellet only?

every bit on it I've read says pellet, but any grade pellet can be burned.

jtakeman said:
geek said:
jtakeman said:
geek said:
jtakeman said:

how much is the Enviro ?

My Omega goes a full week and the glass is dirty only on the top and just starting down the sides. Flame is still visable. The air wash system works pretty well. Member hearthtools burns his for over a ton before he cleans his Omega. I heard the same goes for the M55. And they love just about any pellets out there( I am the picky one-I want max heat!).

The Enviro multifuel units are pricey, But well worth the extra cost. The standard models are a bit cheaper and do well with good pellets. This is the time of year we see deals on stoves. Dealers drop the price's to move leftover units. Check around and see whats out there for deals. Keep us posted on what you find.

Jay,

We have burned the 55 for over 3 weeks with no cleaning. Burns everything we put in it, no problems. When I was with the Enviro Director of Sales he said they were not going to guarantee the MAXX M this fall - they were in testing. They were trying like hell to get in the market place. As for the convection fan - there will be an upgrade to a 400 cfm fan - I think it is 400.

Status
Not open for further replies.