pacific insert cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wallpaper79

Jul 23, 2008
NL Canada
I was just wondering if anyone out there could tell me the best way to clean the chimney of a Pacific energy, Pacific insert. Do I need to take out the unit? Please advise.

Cheers

No need to pull the insert. Remove the baffle retainer pin in the back of the baffle/secondary chamber. Lift it up maybe 3/4" in the rear to clear the secondary air feed tube and then pull forward to remove the baffle. It will be heavier than it looks. Remove that and you can brush straight down into the stove. Hogwildz posted about cleaning his Summit a year or two back. IIRC he included pictures.

found it, here ya go:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/8880/

Actually, yes pull the pin, lift it off the supply channel in back, pull forward a lil, then slide it to one side or the other, then lower the opposite side (from the one you slide) down.
Basically you slide one side towards the side wall, then drop the other down to get it into the firebox, then pull it out the front opening.
After a few times, its easy to do, just awkward.

I pulled the side channels out with the insulation, this is not necessary to remove the baffle.

My chimney was cleaned out a few weeks ago. Sweep removed the baffle and side pieces as well. It's pretty straight forward as long as the chimney has a full liner.

He asked about the one pin on the baffle. I'm glad I knew the answer :coolsmile:

plug the hole where the baffle/gasket connects to the stove with paper. this way the creosote won't fall into that hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.