Paint for Micore 300

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Squirrel1410

May 16, 2017
Massachusetts
Ok I know it's an odd / maybe alarming question, but here's the situation.

I cut out a long narrow portion of the drywall behind the heat shield, at the base, and replaced it with Micore 300 along the exposed air inlet for the vertical air space. I did this because the type x drywall would have been clearly exposed for that 1 inch along the base, and I worried that it being technically combustible due to the paper, that... well the issue should be obvious.

It's all safe now with the Micore back there, but now that I've completed the heat shield, its more visible than I thought it would be. Especially in the morning when the sun comes directly from the side... just looks bad.

Is there a safe black paint U can use on the Micore? Maybe stove paint? Has anyone ever tried that on something other than metal?

Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_1603.JPG
    IMG_1603.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1609.JPG
    IMG_1609.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 128
Black stove paint will be fine, though there was no need to worry about the 1" gap at the bottom. That is too low for the drywall to be an issue.

Black stove paint will be fine, though there was no need to worry about the 1" gap at the bottom. That is too low for the drywall to be an issue.

Thanks, I'll try the stove paint. Even the drywall would have been just as visible. I had extra Micore, so figured why not.

Thanks, I'll try the stove paint. Even the drywall would have been just as visible. I had extra Micore, so figured why not.
No problem as long as the micore does not block or restrict the airflow behind the wall shield you can paint it with whatever is handy.