Painting single wall stove pipe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yamaha_gurl

Hearth Supporter
Aug 31, 2008
Ontairo
So as some of you recall from one of my previous posts, I just painted my Fisher Honey Bear stove a flat black tone. Now thinking about it, all of my stove pipe is kind of shiney...would it be ok if I painted it the same color as the stove? :)

Light spray coat from a rattle can of anything like Krylon or Rustoleum high-heat B-B-Q spray paint. If you want to get real fancy you can buy the stove paint like Stove-Bright, but for your stovepipe you don't need it. Light second coat if you think it needs it. But be patient, because it might look "blotchy" until it's cured (HEAT). You can always touch up spots from pipe assembly with a quick squirt from the spray can later, and then they'll cure right in with the rest of it. Expect some fumes as it cures for the first couple of fires. Rick

Thanks for the tips! Fossil you my dear are the wood king in my eyes ;) The stove is in our garage right now not hooked up, just painted it since I bought it, so I'll paint the pipe and hook it up and do some burns outside with it...that way it won't stink so much when we bring it in the house and hook it up :cheese:

Yamaha_gurl said:
Thanks for the tips! Fossil you my dear are the wood king in my eyes...

I'm quite sure you have me confused with BrotherBart. But thanks, anyway :red: Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.