PE Alderlea T5 LE vs Super LE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Buttermilk

Mar 1, 2024
Arkansas
Hello! I am so excited to have found ya’ll!
My question is:
Are the Pacific Energy Alderea T5 and Super LE the same minus the cast iron on the latter?!
I very much would like a certifiable, non-catalytic, easy maintance stove where I can also cook a soup, boil water and dutch oven some biscuits.
My local supplier has the Alderea T5 at a whopping $4100. Waiting on the quote for the Super LE. Am I on the right track here?
Thank you so much!

Yes, they are the same stove internally. They just have different jackets. The Super LE has the full stovetop exposed which is good for cooking. You'll want to use a trivet under the dutch oven to avoid burning. Call around to multiple dealers and compare pricing. It may be worth taking a trip to get the stove. If the price is too high, maybe consider the True North TN20.

Reactions: Buttermilk
Curious to see what a super is going for. My T5 was 4000 which I know is almost double from what they used to be.
Sounds like the Super or the TN20 would be a good choice for you. The T5 does look good though.

9D1C4704-A747-4E59-B902-A38E0C81CFC9.png

Not much less than the T5 after you add the door, legs etc. I’m looking at the TN 20 now. Never have had an ash tray, though I bet they are lovely.

Did they give you a quote for the Super LE with the pedestal base and black door? That used to be the standard config, I haven't seen this broken out in price before. For comparison it was $1895 with that config locally two years ago and the polished nickel door was a $215 option.

That was all they emailed me. I think she assumed I wanted the legs, which was accurate though I never specified. Our money sure isn’t worth what it used to be, phew.

You would have to pay extra for the standard black door? seems weird to me.
I have no experience with the TN20 but it should get the job done for now. I’ve seen them used for really good prices.